Saturday, April 7, 2012

Cookies....and more Cookies

For Easter I decided to try an experiment.  I'm always on the look out for some way to earn money, without giving up my much coveted status as a stay at home mom.  I just honestly cannot live with these kids and this husband and work full time.  My house becomes a nuclear wasteland, and I start to resemble Freddy Krueger personality wise...

So I put it out there, Hey I'm making sugar cookies for Easter if you'd like to order some.  And people did, I know shocked me too lol.  I sold about 100 cookies, and I was pretty proud of how they turned out.  My next goal is to do the cookies with the royal icing that don't resemble cookies as much as they do art.  We'll see how that works out. 

I'm researching right now to see what I could bake and create for Mother's Day.  We will be having a HUGE expense coming up, Hadley, my 9 year old, soon to be 10 year olds, summer camp fees...I dont want to think about it.  Thinking about doing "Cupcakes for Camp" something to help off set the cost.  We've collected alluminum cans but I dont think that is going to pay for all of it, and I'm hoping we hear about a camp scholarship soon.  I pray she gets one, otherwise its going to be a major hardship paying for camp this year.  I knew staying home would be hard, but its even harder than what I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment