Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Laundry Olympics--I'm going for the Gold

So today I worked on the laundry.  I have sworn I am getting it under control before I die under the piles of clothing like a really sad episode of Hoarders.  It's not that I do not like clean clothing, I really do, its the putting away of the clothing...that is where I find my weak spot.  So I after several days of searching online, have decided we are putting a system in place. 

1.  There will be a laundry container in every bedroom
2.  There will be a laundry container downstairs near the bathroom...some days 5 outfits are piled in the floor.
3.  Every person gets a basket that is all theirs..out of dryer into Brent, Sami, Ainsley, Hadley, or Beckee's basket.
4.  I will not have a laundry day.  As a basket gets full, it gets washed.  I tried the whole "Tuesday is laundry day idea" I found on some blogs--horrible idea with a family of 5, one of whom (Ainsley) believes she must change clothing 4 times a day to be her complete Princessness.  Yes I am rolling my eyes, but you'd just have to know Ainsley.  High Maintenance doesn't do her justice.

I am hoping this will enable me to work without feeling overwhelmed.  To get the job done, and not feel like a failure, and to keep the upstairs bathroom--which doesn't get used much--from being a scary scary place.  Here comes the confession:  When the laundry gets more than the very small hallway upstairs can handle...I put the dirty laundry in the bathroom...then it overflows into the bathtub...and then it starts to go toward the ceiling..okay now that only happened when the washing machine was broken, but you see my point?

I am currently getting the "back log" of laundry done..we won't talk about how I found a Christmas Sweater at the bottom...and it was the week of St. Patrick's day...if asked I'm swearing it "found its way" out of the closet and into the laundry, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

The weather here in Southern Indiana has been beautiful this week, as Hadley has been on spring break, but Ainsley and Sami, who are enrolled in Head Start had school all week..next week is their spring break--it makes no sense to me but I unfortunately don't make the rules. Much to my dismay.

No comments:

Post a Comment